Adding plugin to gradle classpath

Ricardo Mayerhofer
Hi all,
Is there a way to add a given plugin to gradle default classpath? Currently my aproach consists of copying the plugin jar to a folder and reference that folder in the build script.

e.g.

apply plugin: DeployPlugin

buildscript {
    dependencies {
        classpath fileTree(dir: 'lib', include: '*.jar')

I'm looking for a aproach where there is no need to reference the jar in the build script. I've tried to copy it to GRADLE_HOME/lib or GRADLE_HOME/lib/plugins, but it didn't work :(

Thx.

Re: Adding plugin to gradle classpath

Luke Daley-2
Hi Ricardo,

Would you mind asking the question there?

On 13 May 2014 at 5:53:04 am, Ricardo Mayerhofer ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi all,
Is there a way to add a given plugin to gradle default classpath? Currently
my aproach consists of copying the plugin jar to a folder and reference that
folder in the build script.

e.g.

apply plugin: DeployPlugin

buildscript {
dependencies {
classpath fileTree(dir: 'lib', include: '*.jar')

I'm looking for a aproach where there is no need to reference the jar in the
build script. I've tried to copy it to GRADLE_HOME/lib or
GRADLE_HOME/lib/plugins, but it didn't work :(

Thx.

—

Luke Daley
Gradleware
Join us for Gradle Summit 2014, June 12th and 13th in Santa Clara, CA: http://www.gradlesummit.com

Re: Adding plugin to gradle classpath

Russel Winder-3
On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 09:46 +1000, Luke Daley wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,

Luke,

Is there any possibility of the forums ever being able to interwork with
email. The forum vendors have now had ample time to update their
software so that it is at least as good as NNTP based systems from years
ago.

--
Russel.

Re: Adding plugin to gradle classpath

Luke Daley-2
Hi Russel,

I think it’s unlikely that you’ll ever be able to interact with the forums solely by email, but I don’t know. GetSatisfaction haven’t been forthcoming on this, and I expect they won’t be as it’s not really in their interest to not have people go via the much richer web interface. That, plus they aren’t getting much pressure for this feature.

We might one day look at moving to a different provider, which is probably what it’s going to take, but at this point in time there are far too many far more important bits of Gradle work to do.

Gradleware

I'll do it! Thx.

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 15:33 +1000, Luke Daley wrote:
> Hi Russel,
>
> I think it’s unlikely that you’ll ever be able to interact with the
> forums solely by email, but I don’t know. GetSatisfaction haven’t been
> forthcoming on this, and I expect they won’t be as it’s not really in
> their interest to not have people go via the much richer web
> interface. That, plus they aren’t getting much pressure for this
> feature.

I suspect this is "chicken and egg": people who dislike forums don't use
them so don't complain so there are no complaints so things don't get
fixed and because they don't get fixed people who dislike forums don't
use them.

It appears that GetSatisfaction are not offering me satisfaction…

> We might one day look at moving to a different provider, which is
> probably what it’s going to take, but at this point in time there are
> far too many far more important bits of Gradle work to do.

Shouldn't have taken the time switching to a forum in the first place
then ;-)

Thanks for the workaround for the 1.11 → 1.12 issue for the GroovyFX and
GPars builds. Much appreciated.

--
Russel.