Bump default version of Jacoco?

Luke Daley-2
There’s an incompatibility with our default version of Jacoco and JMockit: http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/jacocoplugin_makes_tests_fail_not_finding_junit_runner

We’ve had two people report the same problem. It’s a bit nasty as it causes the test execution to just hang with no feedback.

Bumping the default jacoco versions would fix it. Could we do this? Or do we deem this an incompatible change?

Re: Bump default version of Jacoco?

Rene Groeschke
IMO we should do this and add a note in the release notes about a possible breaking change.

cheers,
René

10 Jul 2014 11:04
There’s an incompatibility with our default version of Jacoco and JMockit: http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/jacocoplugin_makes_tests_fail_not_finding_junit_runner

We’ve had two people report the same problem. It’s a bit nasty as it causes the test execution to just hang with no feedback.

Bumping the default jacoco versions would fix it. Could we do this? Or do we deem this an incompatible change?

Re: Bump default version of Jacoco?

Luke Daley-2
This would be my preference too.

I think with one more +1 from a developer we should go ahead.

Darrell (Daz) DeBoer