Quantcast

Conditional include of subprojects

nnanda
Hi All,

I have a maven multi-module project with following structure. I am in the process of migrating to Gradle.

AppBuild
|--- Common (JAR module)
|    |___ src/main/java
|    |___ src/main/resources
|    |___ src/test/java
|    |___ src/test/resources
|    |___ pom.xml

|--- Utils (JAR module)
|    |___ src/main/java
|    |___ src/main/resources
|    |___ src/test/java
|    |___ src/test/resources
|    |___ pom.xml

|--- SOAPApis (WAR module)
|    |___ src/main/java
|    |___ src/main/resources
|    |___ src/main/webapp
|         |___ WEB-INF (etc)
|    |___ src/test/java
|    |___ src/test/resources
|    |___ pom.xml

|--- RESTApis (WAR module)
|    |___ src/main/java
|    |___ src/main/resources
|    |___ src/main/webapp
|         |___ WEB-INF (etc)
|    |___ src/test/java
|    |___ src/test/resources
|    |___ pom.xml

|--- pom.xml

- We have multiple profiles inside AppBuild/pom.xml like shown below; and we run our maven build from AppBuild with -P option for the profiles
<profile>
  <id>soap-api</id>
  <modules>
    <module>Common</module>
    <module>Utils</module>
    <module>SOAPApis</module>
  </modules>
</profile>

Since I am new to Gradle, I am not able to decide what is the best way to go about it. Now, I am thinking to put some conditional "include" in settings.gradle based on some -P argument. Could someone help me how to go about this? What is the best way with some examples.
Thank you. ~ Niranjan

Re: Conditional include of subprojects

Luke Daley-2
On 28 Nov 2013, at 22:52, nnanda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a maven multi-module project with following structure. I am in
> the
> process of migrating to Gradle.
>

> - We have multiple profiles inside AppBuild/pom.xml like shown below;
> and we
> run our maven build from AppBuild with -P option for the profiles
>

> Since I am new to Gradle, I am not able to decide what is the best way
> to go
> about it. Now, I am thinking to put some conditional "include" in
> settings.gradle based on some -P argument. Could someone help me how
> to go
> about this? What is the best way with some examples.

This mailing list is no longer active.

Please raise this via forums.gradle.org.

Principal Engineer