Configuring application plugin

Kunal Dabir
Hi,

How do I configure the location to which the `application` plugin installs the app and modify the structure a bit?

I want to configure the default location to which app is installed ( It would be great to be able to provide the location as argument to `gradle installApp` to give location outside the projectDir)

and modify the structure of installed app to resemble somewhat like:
${projectDir}/installed -> sh/bat
${projectDir}/installed/lib -> jars

installDirPath="./bin" doesn't work and also warns `Deprecated dynamic property: "installDirPath" ....`

Regards,

Kunal

Re: Configuring application plugin

Dylan Bijnagte
If you have the full gradle source look at
org.gradle.api.plugins.ApplicationPlugin.groovy
The install task is a Sync task.
You can override the install path by including the following in your script

installApp{
        destinationDir = file('my/install/path')
}

As far as changing the directory layout both the createStartScripts
task and several others would need to be modified at a source level.

-Dylan