Debug statements

JerodLass
How can I output my own debug statements?  I've been just printing statements and then deleting them when something's wrong, but can I output to gradle's debug console?

Re: Debug statements

Adam Murdoch-2

JerodLass wrote:
> How can I output my own debug statements?  I've been just printing statements
> and then deleting them when something's wrong, but can I output to gradle's
> debug console?

Gradle uses slf4j to do its logging. You can use it to output debug
messages.

Re: Debug statements

Adam Murdoch-2 wrote

JerodLass wrote:
> How can I output my own debug statements?  I've been just printing statements
> and then deleting them when something's wrong, but can I output to gradle's
> debug console?

Gradle uses slf4j to do its logging. You can use it to output debug
messages.

Exactly. So simply write:

logger.debug("mymessage) or
logger.info("mymessage")

in your build.gradle file.

This should be described in the user's guide.

- Hans