Deprecating left shift operator overloading on Task

Deprecating left shift operator overloading on Task

Benjamin Muschko

I think this was brought up a while ago but I wanted to discuss this topic again. Beginners to Gradle often don't understand the impact of using << on task configuration/execution. This operator is the source of a lot of confusion and I usually tend to give the advice to not use the operator at all and instead go with the doLast/doFirst methods. Are we planning to deprecated the use of the operator in the long run (Gradle 2.0)? If yes, we should probably add a deprecation warning as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Ben