Disabling URLConnection caching globally by default.

Disabling URLConnection caching globally by default.

I was able to confirm the user’s report. I’ve seen this kind of thing before, caused by JarURLConnection caching. There seems to be a bug in JarURLConnection that causes it to think the file is missing it if changes when caching is on.

We hit this problem with loading plugin descriptors and had to add a specific fix here: https://github.com/gradle/gradle/blob/master/subprojects/core/src/main/groovy/org/gradle/util/GUtil.java#L190-190

I propose we disable URLConnection caching on daemon startup to prevent these kinds of problems.