Documentation of Skip Task Property

Peter Voss
This is a great piece of work and a promising project. The
documentation is really comprehensive and I almost couldn't stop
reading.

I just got stuck for a little while at the "skip task" property
feature in chapter 4.1.
In my opinion the task name autoskip is misleading. I would rather
just call it taskname or something like that. skip.taskname sounds
much better than skip.autoskip. autoskip sounds like there is an
automatism, but there isn't in this case.

I am really excited to give Gradle a trial. I am fed up writing my
build scripts in XML. ;-)

--Peter

Re: Documentation of Skip Task Property

Hi Peter,

On Apr 23, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Peter Voss wrote:
This is a great piece of work and a promising project. The documentation is really comprehensive and I almost couldn't stop reading.

I just got stuck for a little while at the "skip task" property feature in chapter 4.1.
In my opinion the task name autoskip is misleading. I would rather just call it taskname or something like that. skip.taskname sounds much better than skip.autoskip. autoskip sounds like there is an automatism, but there isn't in this case.

I am really excited to give Gradle a trial. I am fed up writing my build scripts in XML. ;-)

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy that you like Gradle. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience when you start adopting it for your project.

- Hans

--Peter