Quantcast

Fw: New question: How do I give buildscript access to Ivy API classes post 2.0?

Fw: New question: How do I give buildscript access to Ivy API classes post 2.0?

Luke Daley-2
Looks like we forgot to list removing Ivy from the API in the 2.0 release notes.

On 14 October 2014 at 4:51:54 am, Gradle ([hidden email]) wrote:

Gradle
Headonly_medium
My plugin uses Ivy API classes. Works fine up to Gradle 1.12. Since upgrading from Gradle 1.12 to 2.1 I get CNFE when using this plugin because the plugin no longer has access to the Ivy classes. I can avoid this by explicitly referencing the ivy-*.jar file from my buildscript block, but this workaround isn't acceptable for the project which doesn't allow automatic downloads of jars or inclusion of ivy*jar with the product (it is nearly as large as our main deliverable jar).

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.ivy.core.settings.IvySettings
at com.admc.gradle.Ivyxml.class$(Ivyxml.groovy)
at com.admc.gradle.Ivyxml.$get$$class$org$apache$ivy$core$settings$IvySettings(Ivyxml.groovy)
at com.admc.gradle.Ivyxml.load(Ivyxml.groovy:62)
at com.admc.gradle.Ivyxml$load.call(Unknown Source)
at build_7b0gcb6rspcgkqdnsua5u4jbpt.run(/home/blaine/hsqldb/build/build.gradle:426)
at org.gradle.groovy.scripts.internal.DefaultScriptRunnerFactory$ScriptRunnerImpl.run(DefaultScriptRunnerFactory.java:52)
... 31 more

I don't know how the IvySettings class got into the buildscript path before. How do I get it back?

I tested and see that the same problem occurs with Gradle 2.0 too. I see nothing in the Gradle 2.0 release notes to account for this change in behavior.
This message sent from the Gradle community on Get Satisfaction.
To unsubscribe or change your email settings, click here. Don't reply directly to this email.
Create a customer community for your company at GetSatisfaction.com.