Gradle Repository

at the moment the Gradle build has only first level dependencies. We introduced this a while ago because there were some issues with multi-project builds and module dependencies. As module-dependencies have still issues with being published and having flat dependencies being pretty inconvenient, I'd like to switch to a standard repository based approach for dealing with transitive dependencies.

Artifactory is offering free hosting for open source projects. So we would have a nice repository manage for managing our module descriptors.

Thoughts?

Gradle Project Manager

Re: Gradle Repository

Jason Porter

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 19:15, Hans Dockter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> at the moment the Gradle build has only first level dependencies. We introduced this a while ago because there were some issues with multi-project builds and module dependencies. As module-dependencies have still issues with being published and having flat dependencies being pretty inconvenient, I'd like to switch to a standard repository based approach for dealing with transitive dependencies.
>
> Artifactory is offering free hosting for open source projects. So we would have a nice repository manage for managing our module descriptors.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> - Hans
>
> --
> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project Manager

I've used artifactory in the past, it's a pretty decent repo manager.  Nexus looks really nice, but I'm not sure what Sonatype does for hosting (or how close you'd want to get to them ;) )

--
Jason Porter
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5
PGP fingerprint: 64C2 C078 13A9 5B23 7738 F7E5 1046 C39B 926C CFF5