How to deal with justification problems?

How to deal with justification problems?

KARR, DAVID
In the Gradle user guide, at the end of section 6.8, there is the following para element:
--------------------------
        <para>This enables very readable code, especially when using the out of the box tasks provided by the plugins
-----------------------

When the PDF for this is rendered, the end of the first line is exactly this: "(e.g. compi", followed on the next line by just ").".  The "le." doesn't display.  If I copy the sentence to the clipboard and paste it somewhere, it shows all of the text.

This seems like a bug in something, but I'm not sure what.

I suppose the most expedient fix would just be to rearrange the text of the sentence to avoid this.

RE: How to deal with justification problems?

KARR, DAVID

I've managed to reword the sentence so it renders cleanly.  This doesn't solve the overall problem of fixing occasional rendering errors like this, but I guess I'll just fix them using this strategy, unless someone has a better way.

RE: How to deal with justification problems?

Luke Daley-2

On 8 July 2014 at 4:25:36 am, KARR, DAVID ([hidden email]) wrote:

> [...]

This likely requires tweaking of the line break / wrap rules in https://github.com/gradle/gradle/blob/master/subprojects/docs/src/docs/css/print.css

No idea on the specifics though.

—

RE: How to deal with justification problems?

KARR, DAVID

On 8 July 2014 at 4:25:36 am, KARR, DAVID ([hidden email]) wrote:

Any clues would be appreciated.  I’ve looked at this file, and I don’t see anything obvious.

On 8 July 2014 at 4:25:36 am, KARR, DAVID ([hidden email]) wrote:

There won’t be anything obvious in there and this will likely be very fiddly to resolve.

You’d need to work out which line break rules are being applied according to those CSS rules and tweak change them until the desired outcome is reached.

I’m not personally willing to spend much time on this as I don’t think the PDF version provides much value. If it was completely free then sure, but it isn’t.

—