IRC channel?

Jason Porter
Does Gradle have an IRC channel?  Do the devs or other members of the community hang out in IRC?

--
Jason Porter
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5
PGP fingerprint: 64C2 C078 13A9 5B23 7738 F7E5 1046 C39B 926C CFF5

Re: IRC channel?

Thomas Kinnen
[hidden email] wrote:
> Does Gradle have an IRC channel?  Do the devs or other members of the
> community hang out in IRC?

I don't think there is a frequently used IRC channel currently.
Personally I'd love a channel on irc.freenode.org as it is home to many
other open source projects and I believe a lot of people are using it
already.

Thomas

Re: IRC channel?

Steve Ebersole
Codehaus also has an IRC server; its where codehaus project's IRC
channels are hosted generally.

irc.codehaus.org

There is a groovy channel where I tried asking a few gradle questions
once, but never got any kind of reply.

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:06 +0200, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Does Gradle have an IRC channel?  Do the devs or other members of the
> > community hang out in IRC?
> >
> I don't think there is a frequently used IRC channel currently.
> Personally I'd love a channel on irc.freenode.org as it is home to many
> other open source projects and I believe a lot of people are using it
> already.
>
> Thomas

Steve Ebersole <[hidden email]>
Hibernate.org

Re: IRC channel?

On Oct 8, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> Codehaus also has an IRC server; its where codehaus project's IRC
> channels are hosted generally.
>
> irc.codehaus.org
>
> There is a groovy channel where I tried asking a few gradle questions
> once, but never got any kind of reply.

There is the irc.codehaus.org#gradle channel. So far it has not been
used. But if there is interest, I will try to be online in this
channel as often as I can.

Gradle Project Manager

Re: IRC channel?

Jason Porter
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 08:43, Hans Dockter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>
>> Codehaus also has an IRC server; its where codehaus project's IRC
>> channels are hosted generally.
>>
>> irc.codehaus.org
>>
>> There is a groovy channel where I tried asking a few gradle questions
>> once, but never got any kind of reply.
>
> There is the irc.codehaus.org#gradle channel. So far it has not been used.
> But if there is interest, I will try to be online in this channel as often
> as I can.
>
> - Hans
>
> --
> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project Manager

That would be good Hans.  I'm trying to get in but it keeps telling me
"Erroneous nickname" for anything I put in.  Little confused.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:23, Jason Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 08:43, Hans Dockter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 8, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>>
>>> Codehaus also has an IRC server; its where codehaus project's IRC
>>> channels are hosted generally.
>>>
>>> irc.codehaus.org
>>>
>>> There is a groovy channel where I tried asking a few gradle questions
>>> once, but never got any kind of reply.
>>
>> There is the irc.codehaus.org#gradle channel. So far it has not been used.
>> But if there is interest, I will try to be online in this channel as often
>> as I can.
>>
>> - Hans
>>
>> --
>> Hans Dockter
>> Gradle Project Manager
>> http://www.gradle.org

> That would be good Hans.  I'm trying to get in but it keeps telling me
> "Erroneous nickname" for anything I put in.  Little confused.
>
> --
> Jason Porter
> Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.
>
> PGP key id: 926CCFF5
> PGP fingerprint: 64C2 C078 13A9 5B23 7738 F7E5 1046 C39B 926C CFF5
> PGP key available at: keyserver.net, pgp.mit.edu

Looks like they're limiting nicks to 9 characters.