Idea Plugin and dependency paths

Steve Ebersole
http://www.gradle.org/0.9-rc-1/docs/userguide/idea_plugin.html#N13638

That documentation says:
<quote>
The paths of the dependencies in the generated Idea files are absolute.
</quote>

That is either incorrect or misleading.  What actually happens is that you get
an absolute path I guess, but its relative to $MODULE_DIR.  For example I have
paths like:
<root
url="jar://$MODULE_DIR$/../../../../../.gradle/cache/dom4j/dom4j/jars/dom4j-1.6.1.jar!/"/>

It almost sounds as if the condition described in "Table 28.2. IdeaModule
task" (in that chapter) for the "gradleCacheVariable" is kicking in, as that
is exactly what we end up getting.  However, I do not define
"gradleCacheVariable".

So how do I make these paths completely absolute?

Why is it such a big deal?  Well some developers apparently have their
projects referenced by symlink.  If they navigate to the project via that
symlink and try to run `gradle idea` these paths are fubar.  In these cases,
the plugin seems to use the symlink name when resolving the relativity instead
of the hard path name.

---
Steve Ebersole <[hidden email]>
http://hibernate.org