Improving Javadoc for Groovy projects

Hi Adam,

I guess we can close http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-168?

This is an important step for having finally good Javadoc :)

Re: Improving Javadoc for Groovy projects

Adam Murdoch-2

Hans Dockter wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I guess we can close http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-168?

I'm done with changing the plugin and tasks, so close it if you like. I
still want to write an integration test and update the user guide once I
figure out how to do these things. The 'api documentation' page for the
web site doesn't need the disclaimer about groovydoc any more.  Should
it have links to both the javadoc and groovydoc?

Adam

On Aug 8, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> Hans Dockter wrote:
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> I guess we can close http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-168?
>>

> I'm done with changing the plugin and tasks, so close it if you
> like. I still want to write an integration test and update the user
> guide once I figure out how to do these things. The 'api
> documentation' page for the web site doesn't need the disclaimer
> about groovydoc any more.  Should it have links to both the javadoc
> and groovydoc?

Good question. As the groovydoc is pretty pointless right now, I'd
say we just link to the javadoc. We might modify the disclaimer and
mention that we don't have javadoc for all our public classes as some
of them are still written in Groovy. For 0.4 we are hopefully done
with the transformation of the public API into Java. Then we can
remove the disclaimer.

Re: Improving Javadoc for Groovy projects

On Aug 8, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> Hans Dockter wrote:
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> I guess we can close http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-168?
>>

> I'm done with changing the plugin and tasks, so close it if you
> like. I still want to write an integration test and update the user
> guide once I figure out how to do these things.

I'm going to add documentation (either to the wiki or to the build
script) regarding integration tests and user guide generation.

Hopefully I will manage to do this before I leave for another 5 days.