Marking Maven Dependencies as 'optional' ?

Marking Maven Dependencies as 'optional' ?

Luke Taylor-5
Hi all,

Is there some way of having dependencies marked as "optional" in the
generated Maven poms? I can see that there is a corresponding flag in
Gradle's MavenDependency interface, but I don't know how best to
manipulate this so that it translates into an "optional" element in my
generated pom files (or if it's even possible).

Cheers,

Luke.

Re: Marking Maven Dependencies as 'optional' ?

hansd
Hi Luke,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Luke Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Is there some way of having dependencies marked as "optional" in the generated Maven poms? I can see that there is a corresponding flag in Gradle's MavenDependency interface, but I don't know how best to manipulate this so that it translates into an "optional" element in my generated pom files (or if it's even possible).

unfortunately this is still not possible yet but will be possible soon. I know that I said that also a while ago. We see this as a required feature for 0.9. A couple of other projects using Gradle have this also as an important requirement. The way we will solve this is with dynamic properties of the dependencies. So you can provide additional dependency metainfo how to map to Maven when declaring your dependencies (as well as artifacts to publish).

Founder, Gradle
http://www.gradle.org, http://twitter.com/gradleorg
CEO, Gradle Inc. - Gradle Training, Support, Consulting
http://www.gradle.biz