Name for the output dir

How should we name the build output dir. Maven calls it target. We
use the same name right now. I don't like it very much.

What about naming it build?

Re: Name for the output dir

Steven Devijver
Hey Hans,

I think we should stick with target.

Steven

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Hans Dockter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How should we name the build output dir. Maven calls it target. We
>  use the same name right now. I don't like it very much.
>
>  What about naming it build?
>
>  - Hans

Re: Name for the output dir

Hi Steven,

Do you think that target is a good name or is it just that you think
it is an established convention?

In the 'Ant in Action' book (AFAIK the most sold book on Ant)  they
use 'build' as the dir name.

- Hans

On Feb 24, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Steven Devijver wrote:

> Hey Hans,
>
> I think we should stick with target.
>
> Steven
>
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Hans Dockter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> How should we name the build output dir. Maven calls it target. We
>>  use the same name right now. I don't like it very much.
>>
>>  What about naming it build?
>>
>>  - Hans

Re: Name for the output dir

Steven Devijver
Hey Hans,

Maybe we should have an option to say "Maven 2 conventions" or "Ant
conventions". Although I think that it will be much harder to make any
claim on what are the conventions for Ant.

Steven