Potential Groovy Startuptime Improvement

Potential Groovy Startuptime Improvement

There is a new patch in Groovy 1.7 trunk that is supposed to significantly improve the startup time. We should give that a try.

There was an interesting discussion on the Groovy list about this whole topic: http://markmail.org/thread/z6av3desw4j2kc44

Gradle Project Manager

Re: Potential Groovy Startuptime Improvement

Jason Porter
I was going to ask if anyone has tried Gradle with Groovy 1.7. Is this
patch in the latest CR?

--
Jason Porter
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5
PGP fingerprint: 64C2 C078 13A9 5B23 7738 F7E5 1046 C39B 926C CFF5

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp@gmail.com> wrote:
I was going to ask if anyone has tried Gradle with Groovy 1.7. Is this
patch in the latest CR?

No. The patch won't make it into 1.7 but possibly into 1.7.1. The branch to play with would be: http://svn.codehaus.org/groovy/branches/GROOVY_1_7_X/

Gradle Project Manager