Problems using ant.imporBuild with ant-file using basedir != "."

Problems using ant.imporBuild with ant-file using basedir != "."

Johan Erlands
Hello

I was trying to use gradle to import an ant build, but it fails to set
properties correct because the ant buildfile has a different basedir than
default.

I used this buildfiles:
<home>/ant/app/test.xml.
<home>/build.gradle

test.xml:
<project name="test" default="test" basedir="../..">
  <property name="foo" value="${basedir}/foo"/>
  <target name="test">
    <echo message="${basedir}"/>
    <echo message="${foo}"/>
  </target>
</project>

build.gradle:
ant.importBuild 'ant/app/test.xml'

When i run 'grade test' i get this output:
 [ant:echo] <home>/ant/app
 [ant:echo] <home>/ant/app/foo

Instead of the expected

 [ant:echo] <home>
 [ant:echo] <home>/foo

I think this is is because org.gradle.api.internal.project.DefaultAntBuilder
assumes that basedir is the directory where the ant-build file is intsead of
reading it.

Regards
Johan Erlands

Re: Problems using ant.imporBuild with ant-file using basedir != "."

Luke Daley-2
Hi Johan,

Would you mind posting this question on the Gradle Forums (http://forums.gradle.org)? It’s easier for us to track the issue.

This mailing list is for the discussion of Gradle itself.

On 12 May 2014 at 9:41:34 pm, Johan Erlands ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

—

Luke Daley
Gradleware
Join us for Gradle Summit 2014, June 12th and 13th in Santa Clara, CA: http://www.gradlesummit.com