Re: [gant-user] Gant and Gradle

Russel Winder-2
On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 08:45 +0200, Hans Dockter wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Russel Winder wrote:

> > On the one hand you can use Gant within a <groovy> tag but then Gradle
> > can be used this way as well, so that is fine.  There is also the
> > <gant>
> > tag which enables Gant to be used in the same way <ant> is (more or
> > less).  If there is a <gradle> tag already then fine, otherwise I can
> > probably write one fairly quickly and post it.
>
> No provided by Gradle yet, but would be cool.

In a sense this is very easy, take the Gant Ant task source code and
g/\([Gg]\)ant/s//\1radle/ then update accordingly.  I guess this could
be done in 2 mins and be part of Gradle 0.5.

(Of course the unit tests might take more trouble being ported over.)

> > Finally there is the
> > integration of existing Ant scripts.  Gant has the AntFile tool that
> > reads an Ant XML file and loads the targets as Gant targets.  This may
> > already exist in Gradle, but again if it doesn't then it would be very
> > quick to provide.
>
> Not provided by Gradle yet, but would be very cool :)

The Gant plugin can provide all the inspiration, however the Gradle
system is slightly different so this will be a bit more work that the
Gradle Ant task (see above).

I am sure this is no more than a few minutes works, the unit tests can
be ported over as well of course.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077