Quantcast

User Guide: One include of "other.gradle" is empty in resulting document

User Guide: One include of "other.gradle" is empty in resulting document

KARR, DAVID
In section 14.5, "Configuring arbitrary objects using an external script", there is a "build.gradle" and an "other.gradle", and then the output.  For some reason, the display of the contents of "other.gradle" is empty.  It just displays a bar with the same background color as other samples.  I haven't seen this happen anywhere else (yet).

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the file.  It is just this:
-------------
beginIndex = 1
endIndex = 5
--------------

When I run the command line, it generates the expected output.

I tried a couple of things that didn't make any difference.  I first noticed it had "\r\n" line endings, instead of "\n", which is what other files had.  I converted it with "dos2unix", but as I said, it didn't make any difference.  I also tried adding a comment line at the top of the file, which also didn't make any difference.

The docbook piece looks normal also:
-------------------------
        <sample id="configureObjectUsingScript" dir="userguide/tutorial/configureObjectUsingScript" title="Configuring arbitrary objects using a script">
            <sourcefile file="build.gradle"/>
            <sourcefile file="other.gradle"/>
            <output args="-q configure"/>
        </sample>

Re: User Guide: One include of "other.gradle" is empty in resulting document

Luke Daley-2
Most likely a bug in the <sourcefile> macro. Are there other cases of two <sourcefile> tags next to each other?

Regardless, I would like to drop this section and not promote this feature anymore (which we do intend to eventually remove).

@Other devs: how do you feel about dropping this?

—