Validating Code Before Creating Pull Request

Validating Code Before Creating Pull Request

Daniel Lacasse
As a perfectionist, I like to validate that everything build and work to a certain extent. Before submitting a pull request, I want to at least have a Gradle installation from my branch. So far, this have been cause me more pain which result in much MUCH slow development pace for new pull request. I may be attacking the problem the wrong way, but here the failure I'm having every time I try to execute ./gradlew install -Pgradle_installPath=...
:core:compileGroovy
startup failed:
General error during conversion: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Unable to load class org.gradle.groovy.scripts.DefaultScript due to missing dependency org/gradle/api/internal/plugins/DefaultObjectConfigurationAction

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Unable to load class org.gradle.groovy.scripts.DefaultScript due to missing dependency org/gradle/api/internal/plugins/DefaultObjectConfigurationAction
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.convertUncaughtExceptionToCompilationError(CompilationUnit.java:1083)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:1061)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:583)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.processPhaseOperations(CompilationUnit.java:561)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:538)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:517)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.ApiGroovyCompiler.execute(ApiGroovyCompiler.java:119)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.ApiGroovyCompiler.execute(ApiGroovyCompiler.java:40)
at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.daemon.CompilerDaemonServer.execute(CompilerDaemonServer.java:53)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:35)
at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:24)
at org.gradle.messaging.remote.internal.hub.MessageHub$Handler.run(MessageHub.java:355)
at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.DefaultExecutorFactory$StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(DefaultExecutorFactory.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Unable to load class org.gradle.groovy.scripts.DefaultScript due to missing dependency org/gradle/api/internal/plugins/DefaultObjectConfigurationAction
at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v5.Java5.configureClassNode(Java5.java:389)
at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.lazyClassInit(ClassNode.java:261)
at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.getUnresolvedSuperClass(ClassNode.java:981)
at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassNode.getUnresolvedSuperClass(ClassNode.java:976)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.checkCyclicInheritence(ResolveVisitor.java:1223)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.visitClass(ResolveVisitor.java:1200)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.startResolving(ResolveVisitor.java:142)
at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.javac.JavaAwareCompilationUnit$1.call(JavaAwareCompilationUnit.java:67)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToPrimaryClassNodes(CompilationUnit.java:1047)
... 18 more

Context:
  • I rebased against your master
  • I'm on Mac OS X 10.9.3 with Java 1.8.0_05
  • The file DefaultObjectConfigurationAction already exist so I'm guessing that the class should get compiles at some point.
I hope to get this resolve soon so I can submit my pending changes.

Daniel

Szczepan Faber
Principal engineer@gradle; Founder@mockito

Darrell (Daz) DeBoer