adding groovy librairies to Gradle

Rwanou
Hi all,

Sorry if the question was already raised.

I'm trying to use some external groovy libs inside my build.gradle tasks. I would like to use the "org.codehaus.groovy:http-builder" classes inside my custom "deploy" gradle task.
How can I add this lib to Gradle's classpath?
Do I have to edit bin/gradle* or gradlew?
or maybe create my custom gradle-core*.jar?

Of course this inclusion should be environment free, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Re: adding groovy librairies to Gradle

jdigger82
Look at "34.2. External dependencies for the build script" in the Gradle User's Guide.

You may also want to look at the previous chapter on Writing Custom Plugins, depending on your needs.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Rwanou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry if the question was already raised.

I'm trying to use some external groovy libs inside my build.gradle tasks. I
would like to use the "org.codehaus.groovy:http-builder" classes inside my
custom "deploy" gradle task.
How can I add this lib to Gradle's classpath?
Do I have to edit bin/gradle* or gradlew?
or maybe create my custom gradle-core*.jar?

Of course this inclusion should be environment free, so any ideas would be
appreciated.

RE: adding groovy librairies to Gradle

Rwanou
Thanks for pointing the chapter out. I spent 1 hour on the doc yesterday and I failed to spot it.

On Nov 13, 2009, at 11:14 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for pointing the chapter out. I spent 1 hour on the doc yesterday and I failed to spot it.

We have plans to add an index to the user's guide. That might help in such situations.

Gradle Project Manager