changing the project name

JerodLass
I am starting to build my projects on a continuous integration server (with Hudson) and I need to be able to declare the name of my project.  All project files are checked out into workspace, so gradle assumes the project name is workspace.  I can fix this, but then it doesn't find any of the source files because the path is apparently built with the project name, but hudson/jobs/myJob/projectName doesnt exist because everything is in hudson/jobs/myJob/workspace.

I use the property project.name a lot in my builds and I'd rather not change all of them to another property, so how can I separate the project name to be used appropriately when creating and locating files?

Thanks,
Jerod

Re: changing the project name

Hi Jerod,

On Aug 6, 2008, at 11:31 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> I am starting to build my projects on a continuous integration
> server (with
> Hudson) and I need to be able to declare the name of my project.  All
> project files are checked out into workspace, so gradle assumes the
> project
> name is workspace.  I can fix this, but then it doesn't find any of
> the
> source files because the path is apparently built with the project
> name, but
> hudson/jobs/myJob/projectName doesnt exist because everything is in
> hudson/jobs/myJob/workspace.
>
> I use the property project.name a lot in my builds and I'd rather
> not change
> all of them to another property, so how can I separate the project
> name to
> be used appropriately when creating and locating files?

Unfortunately you can't change the project name right now. There is
the issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-175

I try to get this into 0.3.

Is one reason why you need the project-name the way you are forced to
address archives in Gradle 0.2 (e.g. projectName_jar)?

- Hans

> Thanks,
> Jerod

Re: changing the project name

JerodLass
Yes.  I address the $project.name jar and archive task, which are changed to workspace.jar on Hudson.  Luckily, the top-level projects are mostly for organization, so the real projects are in properly-named subdirectories in more of the projects I work with.  This mainly affects independent module projects that I would like a one-click build from cvs and publish to repository or tag/distribute locally.

hdockter wrote

On Aug 7, 2008, at 5:33 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> Yes.  I address the $project.name jar and archive task, which are
> changed to
> workspace.jar on Hudson.  Luckily, the top-level projects are
> mostly for
> organization, so the real projects are in properly-named
> subdirectories in
> more of the projects I work with.  This mainly affects independent
> module
> projects that I would like a one-click build from cvs and publish to
> repository or tag/distribute locally.

I have postponed the project naming feature to 0.4. This is due to
the fact that its implementation is related to implementing arbitrary
multi-project layouts. I would like to have a concise a solution for
this. In 0.3 as well as with the 0.3-snapshot you don't rely on the
project name any longer for accessing the default archive tasks. For
the name of the generated archive this is of course different. As
this is only problematic for your root projects you might say in your
root project build file: archive_jar.baseName = 'myname'

- Hans