default Gradle to suppress logging?

Lars Vonk
Hi,

Is it maybe an idea to let Gradle by default suppress its logging? I
find the default logging a bit verbose and IMHO does not provide any
added value, it only adds value when something goes wrong so you can
debug.
Would it be an idea to by default suppress the logging so we don't
have to provide the -q option?

Any thoughts?

Lars

Re: default Gradle to suppress logging?

Hi Lars,

On Oct 7, 2008, at 10:08 AM, lars vonk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it maybe an idea to let Gradle by default suppress its logging? I
> find the default logging a bit verbose and IMHO does not provide any
> added value, it only adds value when something goes wrong so you can
> debug.

I agree. We have improved our logging. The default is not quiet but
it only logs the relevant lifecycle events of the build (e.g.
executing compile). Those changes are available in trunk.

<snip>