deploying artifacts

Lars Vonk
Hi,

I am trying out gradle and I like it a lot already. Since we are using
Maven 2 a lot, I am trying to see if and if so how I can genlty swift
to gradle. I have come quite far already but now I am trying to get my
artifact "deployed" in a maven repository. I can't find this in the
userguide, does someone know or could anyone point me where I can find
this information, examples?

Also: I have a Maven 2 background, and I think a lot of people do. I
would like to create a sort of howto for Maven 2 users. How can I
contribute this?

Thanks in advance,

Lars

Re: deploying artifacts

Hello Lars,

On Oct 4, 2008, at 9:59 PM, lars vonk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying out gradle and I like it a lot already. Since we are using
> Maven 2 a lot, I am trying to see if and if so how I can genlty swift
> to gradle. I have come quite far already but now I am trying to get my
> artifact "deployed" in a maven repository. I can't find this in the
> userguide, does someone know or could anyone point me where I can find
> this information, examples?

This is not possible at the moment out-of-the-box.

Ivy has functionality to create a pom but this is somewhat limited.

But there is good news. It is our top priority feature for 0.5. So
Gradle should be able to do this within the next weeks.

> Also: I have a Maven 2 background, and I think a lot of people do. I
> would like to create a sort of howto for Maven 2 users. How can I
> contribute this?

This is a very good idea and would be much appreciated.

Anybody can create pages in our confluence wiki. Just sign up and log
in: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRADLE/Home

Re: deploying artifacts

Lars Vonk
I have created a page:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRADLE/Gradle+for+Maven+2+users

Since I have just started with Gradle I can not (yet) garantuee the
correctness. So a review my some more experienced Gradle users would
be helpful. Please feel free to adjust or add the page.

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Hans Dockter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Lars,
>
> On Oct 4, 2008, at 9:59 PM, lars vonk wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying out gradle and I like it a lot already. Since we are using
>> Maven 2 a lot, I am trying to see if and if so how I can genlty swift
>> to gradle. I have come quite far already but now I am trying to get my
>> artifact "deployed" in a maven repository. I can't find this in the
>> userguide, does someone know or could anyone point me where I can find
>> this information, examples?
>
> This is not possible at the moment out-of-the-box.
>
> Ivy has functionality to create a pom but this is somewhat limited.
>
> But there is good news. It is our top priority feature for 0.5. So Gradle
> should be able to do this within the next weeks.
>

>> Also: I have a Maven 2 background, and I think a lot of people do. I
>> would like to create a sort of howto for Maven 2 users. How can I
>> contribute this?
>
> This is a very good idea and would be much appreciated.
>
> Anybody can create pages in our confluence wiki. Just sign up and log in:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRADLE/Home
>
> - Hans
>
> --
> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: deploying artifacts

On Oct 6, 2008, at 12:04 PM, lars vonk wrote:

> I have created a page:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRADLE/Gradle+for+Maven+2+users
>
> Since I have just started with Gradle I can not (yet) garantuee the
> correctness. So a review my some more experienced Gradle users would
> be helpful. Please feel free to adjust or add the page.

Thanks a lot. We should provide a direct link from our website to
this soon. Of course it is work in progress but it is a very good start.