eclipse WTP fun

Phil Messenger
Hi folks,

I've just submitted a couple of patches to make eclipse WTP configuration file generation work fully - see GRADLE-247. This actually makes the WTP support useful as with it one can now create an empty project with a project dependency and get a fully working, deployable WTP project at the end.

I've also opened an improvement GRADLE-247. There is now a fair amount of code duplication in the eclipse plugins around manipulating a dom4j tree to create xml configuration. As part of GRADLE-247, I think it would be a good idea to encapsulate the dom manipulation in a proper model. This would allow the following to be easily accomplished:

Read existing configuration into EclipseProject or EclipseWtpConfiguration -> call addFacet, or addBuilder as required, invoke a save() method.

Does this strike you as a good idea? If so I'll submit some additional patches.

Phil.

Re: eclipse WTP fun

Hi Phil,

On Oct 2, 2008, at 12:14 AM, Phil Messenger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just submitted a couple of patches to make eclipse WTP
> configuration
> file generation work fully - see GRADLE-247. This actually makes
> the WTP
> support useful as with it one can now create an empty project with
> a project
> dependency and get a fully working, deployable WTP project at the end.

Very cool. Unfortunately I had no time yet to apply them. I'm off
this evening until Sunday. I will try to apply them early next week.

> I've also opened an improvement GRADLE-247. There is now a fair
> amount of
> code duplication in the eclipse plugins around manipulating a dom4j
> tree to
> create xml configuration. As part of GRADLE-247, I think it would
> be a good
> idea to encapsulate the dom manipulation in a proper model. This
> would allow
> the following to be easily accomplished:
>
> Read existing configuration into EclipseProject or
> EclipseWtpConfiguration
> -> call addFacet, or addBuilder as required, invoke a save() method.
>
> Does this strike you as a good idea? If so I'll submit some additional
> patches.

Definitely.

Cheers,

Re: eclipse WTP fun

Phil Messenger
Hi Hans,

no worries. I'll finish off my refactoring work and put some patches up.

Phil.

hdockter wrote
Hi Phil,

On Oct 2, 2008, at 12:14 AM, Phil Messenger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just submitted a couple of patches to make eclipse WTP
> configuration
> file generation work fully - see GRADLE-247. This actually makes
> the WTP
> support useful as with it one can now create an empty project with
> a project
> dependency and get a fully working, deployable WTP project at the end.

Very cool. Unfortunately I had no time yet to apply them. I'm off
this evening until Sunday. I will try to apply them early next week.

> I've also opened an improvement GRADLE-247. There is now a fair
> amount of
> code duplication in the eclipse plugins around manipulating a dom4j
> tree to
> create xml configuration. As part of GRADLE-247, I think it would
> be a good
> idea to encapsulate the dom manipulation in a proper model. This
> would allow
> the following to be easily accomplished:
>
> Read existing configuration into EclipseProject or
> EclipseWtpConfiguration
> -> call addFacet, or addBuilder as required, invoke a save() method.
>
> Does this strike you as a good idea? If so I'll submit some additional
> patches.

Definitely.

Cheers,