Quantcast

exclude some dependencies from gradleApi() dependency

exclude some dependencies from gradleApi() dependency

Rice Yeh
In my build.gradle, I have a dependency on gradleApi() like below:

compile gradleApi()

Then I find all jars user GRADLE_HOME/lib are included. Is there a way to exclude some jars I do not need?

Rice

Re: exclude some dependencies from gradleApi() dependency

Rice Yeh
To my surprise is the gradle API includes all the jars under the ${GRADLE_HOME}/lib/plugins directory, in which thre are many other 3rd-party jars like antlr-2.7.7.jar, jetty-6.1.25.jar, etc.. These seems dictate that  a version of gradle can only support some version of 3rd-party frameworks. Should not gradle's api be 'micro-kernel'?

Rice

On 9 Dec 2013, at 9:10, Rice Yeh wrote:

> In my build.gradle, I have a dependency on gradleApi() like below:
>
> compile gradleApi()
>
> Then I find all jars user GRADLE_HOME/lib are included. Is there a way
> exclude some jars I do not need?

There currently isn't unfortunately.

Would you mind raising this via forums.gradle.org (as this mailing list
is no longer active)? It would help if you could mention the particular
dependency that is giving you trouble.

Principal Engineer