gradle eclipse and ordering of classpath resources

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gradle eclipse and ordering of classpath resources

Johannes Zillmann
Hi Gradle team,

first of all... thanks a lot for the eclipse functionality, thats cool and helps a lot!

One thing i stumbled over is that the ordering of the classpath resources is unfavorable.
First the dependent jars then the resource folders (does the picture come through ?)

Recognized that because the unit tests produced unfamiliar log output. The reason for that was that the wrong log4j.properties file was picked up...

Johannes
  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
101tec GmbH
Halle (Saale), Saxony-Anhalt, Germany

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gradle eclipse and ordering of classpath resources

hans_d
Administrator
Hi Johannes,

On Sep 17, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Johannes Zillmann wrote:

> Hi Gradle team,
>
> first of all... thanks a lot for the eclipse functionality, thats  
> cool and helps a lot!
>
> One thing i stumbled over is that the ordering of the classpath  
> resources is unfavorable.
> First the dependent jars then the resource folders (does the  
> picture come through ?)
> <Picture 1.png>
>
> Recognized that because the unit tests produced unfamiliar log  
> output. The reason for that was that the wrong log4j.properties  
> file was picked up...

Please file a Jira with fix for 0.4.1. We are going to fix this soon.

Thanks

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project lead
http://www.gradle.org





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gradle eclipse and ordering of classpath resources

Johannes Zillmann
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRADLE-228

Johannes

On Sep 17, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:

Hi Johannes,

On Sep 17, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Johannes Zillmann wrote:

Hi Gradle team,

first of all... thanks a lot for the eclipse functionality, thats cool and helps a lot!

One thing i stumbled over is that the ordering of the classpath resources is unfavorable.
First the dependent jars then the resource folders (does the picture come through ?)
<Picture 1.png>

Recognized that because the unit tests produced unfamiliar log output. The reason for that was that the wrong log4j.properties file was picked up...

Please file a Jira with fix for 0.4.1. We are going to fix this soon.

Thanks

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Gradle Project lead
http://www.gradle.org





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

  http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
101tec GmbH
Halle (Saale), Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
http://www.101tec.com