gradle.org broken links

evgenyg
Hi all,

I'm about to release Gradle links crawler plugin which scans web pages for broken links and provides a great deal of configuration and flexibility regarding the crawling process.
I've tried it on several sites, including gradle.org. So far the plugin has found about 400 broken links (detailed log), most of them in docs of versions 1.0 and above (older docs were not checked). Here's the script if you'd need to re-run the crawler.

So I wanted to let you guys know and, if possible, to get your feedbacks about any links that aren't broken but are mistakenly reported as such.

Warm regards,
Evgeny

Best regards,
Evgeny
evgeny-goldin.com

Re: gradle.org broken links

Luke Daley-2
Hi Evgeny,

Thanks for the info.

We already crawl gradle.org every night looking for bad links, but we don't dig deep into the Javadoc and Groovydoc. Nearly all of the errors you identified are actually Groovydoc bugs. Yay Groovydoc.

There are 2 or 3 legitimate errors in there that I didn't know about, so thank you.

I might look to replace our code with your script at some point.

On 08/11/2012, at 4:17 PM, Evgeny Goldin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to release Gradle links crawler plugin which scans web pages for broken links and provides a great deal of configuration and flexibility regarding the crawling process.
> I've tried it on several sites, including gradle.org. So far the plugin has found about 400 broken links (detailed log), most of them in docs of versions 1.0 and above (older docs were not checked). Here's the script if you'd need to re-run the crawler.
>
> So I wanted to let you guys know and, if possible, to get your feedbacks about any links that aren't broken but are mistakenly reported as such.
>
> Warm regards,
> Evgeny

Re: gradle.org broken links

evgenyg
There are 2 or 3 legitimate errors in there that I didn't know about, so thank you.
I might look to replace our code with your script at some point.

Oh, great, glad it was useful :) Let me know if there's anything you'll need if you decide to start using it. As I mentioned earlier it's a snapshot version right now but a release should come later this month.

On 08/11/2012, at 4:17 PM, Evgeny Goldin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to release Gradle links crawler plugin which scans web pages for broken links and provides a great deal of configuration and flexibility regarding the crawling process.
> I've tried it on several sites, including gradle.org. So far the plugin has found about 400 broken links (detailed log), most of them in docs of versions 1.0 and above (older docs were not checked). Here's the script if you'd need to re-run the crawler.
>
> So I wanted to let you guys know and, if possible, to get your feedbacks about any links that aren't broken but are mistakenly reported as such.
>
> Warm regards,
> Evgeny

Best regards,
Evgeny