help with classpath

Ittay Dror
I'm writing a plugin that inherits from JavaPlugin. In
configureDependencyManager I have:
void configureDependencyManager(Project project) {
         super.configureDependencyManager(project)
         project.dependencies {
             moduleDescriptorConverter = new CppModuleDescriptorConverter()

             dependencyFactory.dependencyImplementations <<
CppModuleDependency

             ivy.setVariable(BUILD_ENVIRONMENT_ID,
project.buildEnvironment.id)

             ivy.settings.dumpSettings()

the plugin is in some package under buildSrc/src/main/groovy

first i get the error:
No such property: COMPILE for class:
org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager

if i remove the call to super.configureDependencyManger, i get
  No such property: CppModuleDependency for class:
org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager

using the fully qualified name doesn't help.

please help,
Thank you,
Ittay

Ittay Dror <[hidden email]>

Re: help with classpath

On Jun 19, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Ittay Dror wrote:

> I'm writing a plugin that inherits from JavaPlugin. In
> configureDependencyManager I have:
> void configureDependencyManager(Project project) {
>         super.configureDependencyManager(project)
>         project.dependencies {
>             moduleDescriptorConverter = new
> CppModuleDescriptorConverter()
>
>             dependencyFactory.dependencyImplementations <<
> CppModuleDependency
>
>             ivy.setVariable(BUILD_ENVIRONMENT_ID,
> project.buildEnvironment.id)
>
>             ivy.settings.dumpSettings()
>
>         }
>     }
>
> the plugin is in some package under buildSrc/src/main/groovy
>
> first i get the error:
> No such property: COMPILE for class:

This might be a Groovy bug I have encountered before. I gonna check
this tomorrow morning.

- Hans

> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager
>
> if i remove the call to super.configureDependencyManger, i get
>  No such property: CppModuleDependency for class:
> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager
>
> using the fully qualified name doesn't help.
>
> please help,
> Thank you,
> Ittay

> Ittay Dror <[hidden email]>

Re: help with classpath

Hi Ittay,

On Jun 19, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Ittay Dror wrote:

> I'm writing a plugin that inherits from JavaPlugin. In
> configureDependencyManager I have:
> void configureDependencyManager(Project project) {
>         super.configureDependencyManager(project)
>         project.dependencies {
>             moduleDescriptorConverter = new
> CppModuleDescriptorConverter()
>
>             dependencyFactory.dependencyImplementations <<
> CppModuleDependency
>
>             ivy.setVariable(BUILD_ENVIRONMENT_ID,
> project.buildEnvironment.id)
>
>             ivy.settings.dumpSettings()
>
>         }
>     }
>
> the plugin is in some package under buildSrc/src/main/groovy
>
> first i get the error:
> No such property: COMPILE for class:
> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager

I can reproduce this. This is a bug in Groovy. I can't find the Jira
I have filed. May be I have forgotten it. This happens if you access
a constant in a closure via a subclass. For example line 117 in the
JavaPlugin. You need to write JavaPlugin.COMPILE to make it work
right now (at least in 1.5.5). I gonna check what the current state
of the bug is and let you know.

> if i remove the call to super.configureDependencyManger, i get
>  No such property: CppModuleDependency for class:
> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager

This works for me.

In IntelliJ I have Gradle set up as described in http://
docs.codehaus.org/display/GRADLE/How+to+set+up+the+Gradle+project+in
+IntelliJ

See in particular the section {{Testing Gradle}}. The example will
look familiar to you :)

Could you try this out with your CppModuleDependency.

- Hans

> using the fully qualified name doesn't help.
>
> please help,
> Thank you,
> Ittay

> Ittay Dror <[hidden email]>

Re: help with classpath

On Jun 20, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> Hi Ittay,
>
> On Jun 19, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Ittay Dror wrote:
>
>> I'm writing a plugin that inherits from JavaPlugin. In
>> configureDependencyManager I have:
>> void configureDependencyManager(Project project) {
>>         super.configureDependencyManager(project)
>>         project.dependencies {
>>             moduleDescriptorConverter = new
>> CppModuleDescriptorConverter()
>>
>>             dependencyFactory.dependencyImplementations <<
>> CppModuleDependency
>>
>>             ivy.setVariable(BUILD_ENVIRONMENT_ID,
>> project.buildEnvironment.id)
>>
>>             ivy.settings.dumpSettings()
>>
>>         }
>>     }
>>
>> the plugin is in some package under buildSrc/src/main/groovy
>>
>> first i get the error:
>> No such property: COMPILE for class:
>> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager
>
> I can reproduce this. This is a bug in Groovy. I can't find the
> Jira I have filed. May be I have forgotten it. This happens if you
> access a constant in a closure via a subclass. For example line 117
> in the JavaPlugin. You need to write JavaPlugin.COMPILE to make it
> work right now (at least in 1.5.5). I gonna check what the current
> state of the bug is and let you know.

I had forgotten to file a Jira. I have done this now: http://
jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-2913

The bug is still valid for the 1.5 and 1.6 stream.

Here is the thread I've started on the Groovy mailing list about this:

http://www.nabble.com/Closure-and-binding-with-static-finals-from-
abstract-classes-to16512010.html

The only work around is to add the name of the class to the constant
name. I gonna do this in Gradle trunk sometimes today, when my
current changes in the working copy are ready.

- Hans

>> if i remove the call to super.configureDependencyManger, i get
>>  No such property: CppModuleDependency for class:
>> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager
>
> This works for me.
>
> In IntelliJ I have Gradle set up as described in http://
> docs.codehaus.org/display/GRADLE/How+to+set+up+the+Gradle+project+in
> +IntelliJ
>
> See in particular the section {{Testing Gradle}}. The example will
> look familiar to you :)
>
> Could you try this out with your CppModuleDependency.
>
> - Hans
>

>> using the fully qualified name doesn't help.
>>
>> please help,
>> Thank you,
>> Ittay

>> Ittay Dror <[hidden email]>

> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: help with classpath

On Jun 20, 2008, at 9:14 AM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Hans Dockter wrote:
>
>> Hi Ittay,
>>
>> On Jun 19, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Ittay Dror wrote:
>>
>>> I'm writing a plugin that inherits from JavaPlugin. In
>>> configureDependencyManager I have:
>>> void configureDependencyManager(Project project) {
>>>         super.configureDependencyManager(project)
>>>         project.dependencies {
>>>             moduleDescriptorConverter = new
>>> CppModuleDescriptorConverter()
>>>
>>>             dependencyFactory.dependencyImplementations <<
>>> CppModuleDependency
>>>
>>>             ivy.setVariable(BUILD_ENVIRONMENT_ID,
>>> project.buildEnvironment.id)
>>>
>>>             ivy.settings.dumpSettings()
>>>
>>>         }
>>>     }
>>>
>>> the plugin is in some package under buildSrc/src/main/groovy
>>>
>>> first i get the error:
>>> No such property: COMPILE for class:
>>> org.gradle.api.internal.dependencies.DefaultDependencyManager
>>
>> I can reproduce this. This is a bug in Groovy. I can't find the
>> Jira I have filed. May be I have forgotten it. This happens if you
>> access a constant in a closure via a subclass. For example line
>> 117 in the JavaPlugin. You need to write JavaPlugin.COMPILE to
>> make it work right now (at least in 1.5.5). I gonna check what the
>> current state of the bug is and let you know.
>
> I had forgotten to file a Jira. I have done this now: http://
> jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-2913
>
> The bug is still valid for the 1.5 and 1.6 stream.
>
> Here is the thread I've started on the Groovy mailing list about this:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Closure-and-binding-with-static-finals-from-
> abstract-classes-to16512010.html
>
> The only work around is to add the name of the class to the
> constant name. I gonna do this in Gradle trunk sometimes today,
> when my current changes in the working copy are ready.

I have submitted a work around for this Groovy bug to trunk.

- Hans