importance of task order

JerodLass
This post was updated on .
I currently have a java project that builds into a jar, publishes to a repository using ivy's ssh resolver, and also generates a pom.xml file which it forks to run maven's site goal on for clean, web-driven reports.  The maven tasks are defined in a plugin I wrote.  The ivy resolver is configured in the init task and added to uploadLibs.  When I run:
gradle clean genPOM site uploadLibs
It either published nothing (despite hitting my print statements in the resolving area) or only publishes the ivy.xml file.  When I run:
gradle clean uploadLibs genPOM site
It publishes the ivy and jar file correctly.  This order change makes a difference on a consistent basis.  Can anyone think of a reason why changing the order of these would cause this problem? Thank you.

Jerod

Re: importance of task order

Hi Jerod,

with which Gradle version are you working here?

- Hans

JerodLass wrote