imported gradlefile versions

JerodLass
Time to shoot the moon: is there a way for gradlefiles to be versioned and archived such that my gradlefile can be something like:

import group.gradlefiles.gradlefile-1.3

or

dependendencies{
    configuration "groupid:gradlefile:1.3"
}

which would then load a gradlefile from a repository or something? This would allow me the ability to freeze a version of a build and make changes without the need to apply them always as well as the ability to only need one place for gradle build logic that is to be used in many projects.  By many projects, I mean many different potential toplevels each with their own subprojects.

Of course I'm assuming the answer is no, but has this been given any thought and/or is it in gradle's roadmap (written or unwritten)?

Re: imported gradlefile versions

Hi Jerod,

On Jun 11, 2008, at 8:23 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> Time to shoot the moon: is there a way for gradlefiles to be
> versioned and
> archived such that my gradlefile can be something like:
>
> import group.gradlefiles.gradlefile-1.3
>
> or
>
> dependendencies{
>     configuration "groupid:gradlefile:1.3"
> }
>
> which would then load a gradlefile from a repository or something?
> This
> would allow me the ability to freeze a version of a build and make
> changes
> without the need to apply them always as well as the ability to
> only need
> one place for gradle build logic that is to be used in many
> projects.  By
> many projects, I mean many different potential toplevels each with
> their own
> subprojects.
>
> Of course I'm assuming the answer is no, but has this been given
> any thought
> and/or is it in gradle's roadmap (written or unwritten)?

A plugin can do this job. You would have to produce a jar with a
plugin class and put it in a repository (with a gradle build).

In the build's relying on this plugin, this jar needs to be added to
the _buildscript_ classpath via the gradlesettings file.

In your gradlefile's you can then write.

usePlugin('com.somecompany.JerodGradlePlugin')