intermediate IDE integration ideas - generate ivy.xml/pom.xml

intermediate IDE integration ideas - generate ivy.xml/pom.xml

astubbs
Until we get a Gradle eclipse plugin - an intermediate step could be to take advantage of IvyDE's maven like dependency management (download sources etc) - wait - does IvyDE download sources for you?

Well if IvyDE doesn't in fact download sources - we could also spit out a minimalist Maven POM pretty easily, so that you can use m2eclipse's capabilities for dependencies which are really nice, but still use Gradle as your main source of information.

Re: intermediate IDE integration ideas - generate ivy.xml/pom.xml

Hi Antony,

On Jul 14, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Antony Stubbs wrote:

> Until we get a Gradle eclipse plugin - an intermediate step could
> be to take
> advantage of IvyDE's maven like dependency management (download
> sources etc)
> - wait - does IvyDE download sources for you?

Not sure.

> Well if IvyDE doesn't in fact download sources - we could also spit
> out a
> minimalist Maven POM pretty easily, so that you can use m2eclipse's
> capabilities for dependencies which are really nice, but still use
> Gradle as
> your main source of information.

this is an interesting idea. The question is how to synchronize. In
the case of ivy I would propose if someone wants to use IvyDE, that
the ivy.xml is the master. Gradle would use the ivy.xml to create its
dependencies. There would be not need to declare dependencies in the
build.gradle file. On the other hand, tasks for creating an ivy.xml
and pom.xml would be nice anyhow and is not in conflict with the
approach mentioned before. Could you file a Jira?