Quantcast

model {} block and 2.2 release.

We aren’t ready to push the new model {} changes out for 2.2.

1. Remove the code/tests
2. Turn off the code/tests
3. Use a feature toggle to enable it for the tests that use it

I’d like to do #3 as I don’t really want to lose the active test coverage as things will be evolving in 2.3.

So, in this regard 2.2 will behave the same as 2.1 for users. For our internal tests and for experiments we’ll turn the new DSL on with a system property feature toggle. This seems low risk to me, but I can’t think of any precedent in this codebase.

Whatever we do, we have to do it tomorrow.

LD,

Re: model {} block and 2.2 release.

Szczepan Faber
+1 for #3

I think that feature toggle based on an internal properties makes
sense for incremental, evolutionary improvements. BTW. Current Gradle
master (not included in 2.2) has an internal property that turns on
classloader caching.

Cheers!

--
Szczepan Faber