publish

JerodLass
This post was updated on .
I am now exploring the idea of publishing to a repository, and I was wondering if there's an easy way to do this.  What I have tried so far is along the lines of:

uploadLibs.configure{uploadResolvers.add(name: 'PublishRepo', url: 'http://serv1.mavenpub.com/maven-repo', username: 'repoadmin', password: 'adminpass')}

Which would then add the resolver, associated with the repository, for uploadLibs to publish to.  I noticed that gradle ends up calling ivy's publish in the DefaultDependencyManager class, and I was just wondering how I can ship something out to a repo in gradle.  My options are scp, sftp, and using webdav for an http publish (I also noticed some WebDav classes).  Any tips would be much appreciated.

-Jerod

Re: publish

On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:45 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> I am now exploring the idea of publishing to a repository, and I was
> wondering if there's an easy way to do this.  What I have tried so
> far is
> along the lines of:
>
> uploadLibs.configure{uploadResolvers.add(name: 'PublishRepo', url:
> 'http://server/published/maven/maven-repo', username: 'repoadmin',
> password:
> 'adminpass')}
>
> Which would then add the resolver, associated with the repository, for
> uploadLibs to publish to.  I noticed that gradle ends up calling ivy's
> publish in the DefaultDependencyManager class, and I was just
> wondering how
> I can ship something out to a repo in gradle.  My options are scp,
> sftp, and
> using webdav for an http publish (I also noticed some WebDav
> classes).  Any
> tips would be much appreciated.

You have to create for example an Ivy scp resolver in your gradlefile.

org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new SshResolver()
resolver.user = 'user'
resolver.userPassword = 'pw'
// further configuration

uploadLibs {
    uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
}

See http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/
ssh.html for all configuration options.

WebDav is not very well supported right now in Ivy. Gradle has
created its own limited WebDav resolver but for what you want to do
it is probably not sufficient.

- Hans

> -Jerod

Re: publish

JerodLass
I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has trouble finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the class in the second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the class com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.  I have declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried without it first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I would think would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a problem with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?

-Jerod

hdockter wrote
On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:45 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> I am now exploring the idea of publishing to a repository, and I was
> wondering if there's an easy way to do this.  What I have tried so
> far is
> along the lines of:
>
> uploadLibs.configure{uploadResolvers.add(name: 'PublishRepo', url:
> 'http://server/published/maven/maven-repo', username: 'repoadmin',
> password:
> 'adminpass')}
>
> Which would then add the resolver, associated with the repository, for
> uploadLibs to publish to.  I noticed that gradle ends up calling ivy's
> publish in the DefaultDependencyManager class, and I was just
> wondering how
> I can ship something out to a repo in gradle.  My options are scp,
> sftp, and
> using webdav for an http publish (I also noticed some WebDav
> classes).  Any
> tips would be much appreciated.

You have to create for example an Ivy scp resolver in your gradlefile.

org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new SshResolver()
resolver.user = 'user'
resolver.userPassword = 'pw'
// further configuration

uploadLibs {
    uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
}

See http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/
ssh.html for all configuration options.

WebDav is not very well supported right now in Ivy. Gradle has
created its own limited WebDav resolver but for what you want to do
it is probably not sufficient.

- Hans

> -Jerod

Re: publish

On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has trouble
> finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the class
> in the
> second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the class
> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.  I
> have
> declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried
> without it
> first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I would
> think
> would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a
> problem
> with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?

Ivy is per default in the build script classpath. It does not need to
be added to the settings.gradle.

Adding JSch to the settings.gradle file is what I would have done as
well. I don't know yet why this does not work. I gonna try this out
soon.

- Hans

> -Jerod
>

> hdockter wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 12, 2008, at 3:45 PM, JerodLass wrote:
>>

>>> I am now exploring the idea of publishing to a repository, and I was
>>> wondering if there's an easy way to do this.  What I have tried so
>>> far is
>>> along the lines of:
>>>
>>> uploadLibs.configure{uploadResolvers.add(name: 'PublishRepo', url:
>>> 'http://server/published/maven/maven-repo', username: 'repoadmin',
>>> password:
>>> 'adminpass')}
>>>
>>> Which would then add the resolver, associated with the
>>> repository, for
>>> uploadLibs to publish to.  I noticed that gradle ends up calling
>>> ivy's
>>> publish in the DefaultDependencyManager class, and I was just
>>> wondering how
>>> I can ship something out to a repo in gradle.  My options are scp,
>>> sftp, and
>>> using webdav for an http publish (I also noticed some WebDav
>>> classes).  Any
>>> tips would be much appreciated.
>>
>> You have to create for example an Ivy scp resolver in your
>> gradlefile.
>>
>> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new
>> SshResolver()
>> resolver.user = 'user'
>> resolver.userPassword = 'pw'
>> // further configuration
>>
>> uploadLibs {
>>     uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
>> }
>>
>> See http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/
>> ssh.html for all configuration options.
>>
>> WebDav is not very well supported right now in Ivy. Gradle has
>> created its own limited WebDav resolver but for what you want to do
>> it is probably not sufficient.
>>
>> - Hans
>>

>>> -Jerod
>>> --

>> Hans Dockter
>> Gradle Project lead
>> http://www.gradle.org

Re: publish

On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, JerodLass wrote:
>

>> I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has
>> trouble
>> finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the
>> class in the
>> second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the class
>> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.  I
>> have
>> declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried
>> without it
>> first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I
>> would think
>> would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a
>> problem
>> with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?
>
> Ivy is per default in the build script classpath. It does not need
> to be added to the settings.gradle.
>
> Adding JSch to the settings.gradle file is what I would have done
> as well. I don't know yet why this does not work. I gonna try this
> out soon.

I had no time yet to try it out myself. I assume it is a Gradle
problem with its classloaders. Could you try putting JSch in the lib
folder of the Gradle distribution and see if it works. You may
comment it out in the settings.gradle file.

- Hans

> - Hans
>

>> -Jerod
>>

>> hdockter wrote:

>>> You have to create for example an Ivy scp resolver in your
>>> gradlefile.
>>>
>>> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new
>>> SshResolver()
>>> resolver.user = 'user'
>>> resolver.userPassword = 'pw'
>>> // further configuration
>>>
>>> uploadLibs {
>>>     uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
>>> }
>>>
>>> See http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/
>>> ssh.html for all configuration options.
>>>
>>> WebDav is not very well supported right now in Ivy. Gradle has
>>> created its own limited WebDav resolver but for what you want to do
>>> it is probably not sufficient.
>>>
>>> - Hans

>>> --
>>> Hans Dockter
>>> Gradle Project lead
>>> http://www.gradle.org

> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: publish

On Jun 19, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:
>

>> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, JerodLass wrote:
>>

>>> I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has
>>> trouble
>>> finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the
>>> class in the
>>> second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the
>>> class
>>> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.
>>> I have
>>> declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried
>>> without it
>>> first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I
>>> would think
>>> would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a
>>> problem
>>> with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?
>>
>> Ivy is per default in the build script classpath. It does not need
>> to be added to the settings.gradle.
>>
>> Adding JSch to the settings.gradle file is what I would have done
>> as well. I don't know yet why this does not work. I gonna try this
>> out soon.
>
> I had no time yet to try it out myself. I assume it is a Gradle
> problem with its classloaders. Could you try putting JSch in the
> lib folder of the Gradle distribution and see if it works. You may
> comment it out in the settings.gradle file.

I could reproduce this error. This is a bug in Gradle. I plan to fix
this bug Monday morning. Does the work around work for you (putting
JSch in the lib folder of the gradle distribution) ?

- Hans

> - Hans
>

>> - Hans
>>

>>> -Jerod

>>> --

>> Hans Dockter
>> Gradle Project lead
>> http://www.gradle.org

> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: publish

JerodLass
I'm sorry I haven't responded.  I have since found more pressing tasks to work on, so I haven't gotten to trying putting the JSch in with gradle's libraries.  I expect this to be an issue soon, so this week is a good candidate for looking more at this issue.

Jerod

hdockter wrote
On Jun 19, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:
>

>> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, JerodLass wrote:
>>

>>> I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has
>>> trouble
>>> finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the
>>> class in the
>>> second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the
>>> class
>>> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.
>>> I have
>>> declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried
>>> without it
>>> first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I
>>> would think
>>> would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a
>>> problem
>>> with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?
>>
>> Ivy is per default in the build script classpath. It does not need
>> to be added to the settings.gradle.
>>
>> Adding JSch to the settings.gradle file is what I would have done
>> as well. I don't know yet why this does not work. I gonna try this
>> out soon.
>
> I had no time yet to try it out myself. I assume it is a Gradle
> problem with its classloaders. Could you try putting JSch in the
> lib folder of the Gradle distribution and see if it works. You may
> comment it out in the settings.gradle file.

I could reproduce this error. This is a bug in Gradle. I plan to fix
this bug Monday morning. Does the work around work for you (putting
JSch in the lib folder of the gradle distribution) ?

- Hans

> - Hans
>

>> - Hans
>>

>>> -Jerod

>>> --

>> Hans Dockter
>> Gradle Project lead
>> http://www.gradle.org

> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: publish

JerodLass
Putting the jsch-0.1.38 jar in gradle's lib folder did not work.  Do I need to do anything to specifically add it to gradle's classpath?

JerodLass wrote
I'm sorry I haven't responded.  I have since found more pressing tasks to work on, so I haven't gotten to trying putting the JSch in with gradle's libraries.  I expect this to be an issue soon, so this week is a good candidate for looking more at this issue.

Jerod

hdockter wrote
On Jun 19, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:
>

>> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, JerodLass wrote:
>>

>>> I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has
>>> trouble
>>> finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the
>>> class in the
>>> second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the
>>> class
>>> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.
>>> I have
>>> declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried
>>> without it
>>> first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I
>>> would think
>>> would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a
>>> problem
>>> with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?
>>
>> Ivy is per default in the build script classpath. It does not need
>> to be added to the settings.gradle.
>>
>> Adding JSch to the settings.gradle file is what I would have done
>> as well. I don't know yet why this does not work. I gonna try this
>> out soon.
>
> I had no time yet to try it out myself. I assume it is a Gradle
> problem with its classloaders. Could you try putting JSch in the
> lib folder of the Gradle distribution and see if it works. You may
> comment it out in the settings.gradle file.

I could reproduce this error. This is a bug in Gradle. I plan to fix
this bug Monday morning. Does the work around work for you (putting
JSch in the lib folder of the gradle distribution) ?

- Hans

> - Hans
>

>> - Hans
>>

>>> -Jerod

>>> --

>> Hans Dockter
>> Gradle Project lead
>> http://www.gradle.org

> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: publish

JerodLass
I just checked out the latest gradle and I no longer have the JSch exception after putting the jar in gradles lib folder (not sure if I had to or not, I did it before testing).  I have a null: no artifact pattern exception when I try to publish using the lines:

org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver()
resolver.user = 'username'
resolver.userPassword = 'pw'
resolver.host = scpURL

uploadLibs {
    uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
}

I see that artifact pattern is a child property in xml of this resolver, but how can I set this in a gradle script?  What is the standard maven repository pattern? I tried resolver.artifactPatterns.add but this is an unmodifiable collection.

**UPDATE** I added an artifact pattern by setting the list not adding to it, and now I have a problem with the host.  I'll reply later when I figure more out.

-Jerod

JerodLass wrote
Putting the jsch-0.1.38 jar in gradle's lib folder did not work.  Do I need to do anything to specifically add it to gradle's classpath?

JerodLass wrote
I'm sorry I haven't responded.  I have since found more pressing tasks to work on, so I haven't gotten to trying putting the JSch in with gradle's libraries.  I expect this to be an issue soon, so this week is a good candidate for looking more at this issue.

Jerod

hdockter wrote
On Jun 19, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Hans Dockter wrote:
>

>> On Jun 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, JerodLass wrote:
>>

>>> I finally got back around to trying this, and the compiler has
>>> trouble
>>> finding the class SshResolver.  If I use the full path of the
>>> class in the
>>> second SshResolver in the line, it then has trouble finding the
>>> class
>>> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException, which is in a different library.
>>> I have
>>> declared a dependency on Ivy in my settings file (though I tried
>>> without it
>>> first) and I also put in a dependency on jsch 0.1.38, which I
>>> would think
>>> would be resolved as a transitive dependency, but we still have a
>>> problem
>>> with JSchException.  How can I get this ivy class to work for me?
>>
>> Ivy is per default in the build script classpath. It does not need
>> to be added to the settings.gradle.
>>
>> Adding JSch to the settings.gradle file is what I would have done
>> as well. I don't know yet why this does not work. I gonna try this
>> out soon.
>
> I had no time yet to try it out myself. I assume it is a Gradle
> problem with its classloaders. Could you try putting JSch in the
> lib folder of the Gradle distribution and see if it works. You may
> comment it out in the settings.gradle file.

I could reproduce this error. This is a bug in Gradle. I plan to fix
this bug Monday morning. Does the work around work for you (putting
JSch in the lib folder of the gradle distribution) ?

- Hans

> - Hans
>

>> - Hans
>>

>>> -Jerod

>>> --

>> Hans Dockter
>> Gradle Project lead
>> http://www.gradle.org

> Hans Dockter
> Gradle Project lead

Re: publish

Hi Jerod,

On Jun 24, 2008, at 5:30 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> I just checked out the latest gradle and I no longer have the JSch
> exception
> after putting the jar in gradles lib folder (not sure if I had to
> or not, I
> did it before testing).  I have a null: no artifact pattern
> exception when I
> try to publish using the lines:
>
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver()
> resolver.user = 'username'
> resolver.userPassword = 'pw'
> resolver.host = scpURL
>
> uploadLibs {
>     uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
> }
>
> I see that artifact pattern is a child property in xml of this
> resolver, but
> how can I set this in a gradle script?  What is the standard maven
> repository pattern?

resolver.addArtifactPattern('http://reporoot/' + '[organisation]/
[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]')
resolver.m2compatible = true

I'm haven't tried it myself. It is a very important use case. Please
ping me if something is going wrong.

Thanks

- Hans

> -Jerod
>

> JerodLass wrote:
>>
>> Putting the jsch-0.1.38 jar in gradle's lib folder did not work.
>> Do I
>> need to do anything to specifically add it to gradle's classpath?
>>

>> JerodLass wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sorry I haven't responded.  I have since found more pressing
>>> tasks to
>>> work on, so I haven't gotten to trying putting the JSch in with
>>> gradle's
>>> libraries.  I expect this to be an issue soon, so this week is a
>>> good
>>> candidate for looking more at this issue.
>>>
>>> Jerod

Re: publish

JerodLass
It's working now (I think).  I was in the middle of a reply when you posted, but I couldn't figure out how to make it maven-compatible.  The code in the gradle script I am now using is as follows:

org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver resolver = new org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.SshResolver()
resolver.name = 'Local Repo'
resolver.userPassword = 'adminpass'
resolver.setArtifactPatterns(['ssh://adminname@hostname/path/to/repo/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]'])
resolver.m2compatible = true

uploadLibs {
    uploadResolvers.add(resolver)
}

I have tested this both by having another gradle project depend on it and by using maven alone (install and site goals).  The project I have published has no transitive dependencies and nothing actually depends on it, so I can't say for sure if it works perfectly, but it publishes and it can be found otherwise and I am happy :). Thanks for the help!

Jerod

hdockter wrote