remove DAG from task?

Now that the task graph is available via Build, should we remove the DAG
parameter from TaskAction.execute() and the associated field from
DefaultTask?

ie now we can do

createTask(name) {
    build.taskExecutionGraph.hasTask(n)
}

should we still be able to do

createTask(name) { task, dag ->
    dag.hasTask(n)
}

I think we should remove it from execute(), as doesn't feel like it
really fits there.

Adam

Re: remove DAG from task?

On Sep 21, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that the task graph is available via Build, should we remove
> the DAG parameter from TaskAction.execute() and the associated
> field from DefaultTask?
>
> ie now we can do
>
> createTask(name) {
>    build.taskExecutionGraph.hasTask(n)
> }

Cool.

> should we still be able to do
>
> createTask(name) { task, dag ->
>    dag.hasTask(n)
> }
>
> I think we should remove it from execute(), as doesn't feel like it
> really fits there.

I think so too.

Re: remove DAG from task?

Adam Murdoch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ie now we can do
>
> createTask(name) {
>    build.taskExecutionGraph.hasTask(n)
> }

Is there a better name for the 'taskExecutionGraph' property? Maybe just
something shorter like 'taskGraph'?

Adam

Re: remove DAG from task?

On Sep 22, 2008, at 10:33 AM, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> Adam Murdoch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ie now we can do
>>
>> createTask(name) {
>>    build.taskExecutionGraph.hasTask(n)
>> }
>>

> Is there a better name for the 'taskExecutionGraph' property? Maybe
> just something shorter like 'taskGraph'?

Good point. I think taskGraph is better. We have only one task graph
in the domain, which is the task execution graph. The datastructure
for keeping all available tasks is a tree.