snapshots

JerodLass
What would be the best way to configure maven-like snapshots of a project?  I want to depend on a project in development and I always want the latest version (probably a nightly build).  Can gradle declare this type of dependency?

Re: snapshots

Hi Jerod,

On Jul 18, 2008, at 4:54 PM, JerodLass wrote:

> What would be the best way to configure maven-like snapshots of a
> project?  I
> want to depend on a project in development and I always want the
> latest
> version (probably a nightly build).  Can gradle declare this type of
> dependency?

Yes. We delegate to Ivy which is capable of dealing with this. The
only problem is that I still have to learn in detail how Ivy's latest
handling works.

You can declare a dynamic version (ivy calls it revision).  Something
like: "com.mycompany:app1:1.0.+", or
"com.mycompany:app1:latest.integration"

See also: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/
dependency.html and http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-
milestone/configuration/latest-strategies.html

You can set a status property for every Gradle project. For example:

status = 'integration'

This add a status to your settings file.

See also: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/
configuration/statuses.html

Sorry that I can't help you more. This is a very important topic and
will dive into this soon.