Quantcast

user guide: What about ":services:shared" subproject?

user guide: What about ":services:shared" subproject?

KARR, DAVID
In section 7.3, "Multi-project Java build", it has a directory layout that shows three subprojects, along with a brief statement about each subproject.  However, the "settings.gradle" file specifies four subprojects.  The layout and description doesn't mention the ":services:shared" subproject.  I would just add that to the list, but I also need a brief description for it.  It doesn't appear to be referenced from any of the other subprojects, so I imagine I could just say something like that.  Does this need any more information that isn't obvious to me?

Re: user guide: What about ":services:shared" subproject?

Martin Stockhammer
Hello,

I think the project can be found in the source project on:
        subprojects/docs/src/samples/java/multiproject

The services/shared folder has a build file that depends on the top level ':shared' project:

:> ls services/shared/
build.gradle
src

:> cat services/shared/build.gradle
dependencies {
    compile project(':shared')
}

Greetings

Martin

Am 07.07.2014 20:35, schrieb KARR, DAVID:
> In section 7.3, "Multi-project Java build", it has a directory layout that shows three subprojects, along with a brief statement about each subproject.  However, the "settings.gradle" file specifies four subprojects.  The layout and description doesn't mention the ":services:shared" subproject.  I would just add that to the list, but I also need a brief description for it.  It doesn't appear to be referenced from any of the other subprojects, so I imagine I could just say something like that.  Does this need any more information that isn't obvious to me?

RE: user guide: What about ":services:shared" subproject?

KARR, DAVID

Yes, I'm aware of all that.  I was just looking for a short phrase to describe the project.  I've already written something along those lines.

Thanks.

On 8 July 2014 at 4:35:57 am, KARR, DAVID ([hidden email]) wrote:

In section 7.3, "Multi-project Java build", it has a directory layout that shows three subprojects, along with a brief statement about each subproject. However, the "settings.gradle" file specifies four subprojects. The layout and description doesn't mention the ":services:shared" subproject. I would just add that to the list, but I also need a brief description for it. It doesn't appear to be referenced from any of the other subprojects, so I imagine I could just say something like that. Does this need any more information that isn't obvious to me?

We should get rid of services:shared from the sample.

—